The Account Officer records transactions, payments and expenses and processes invoices. He/she also sends out bills and invoices, follow up on overdue payments and ensure that a company’s invoices and payments match up correctly by cross-checking the original document to the company’s record.
- Processes accounts payable and receivable, depending on role
- Cross-checks invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
- Handles accounts payable and receivable.
- Supervises other staff members who assist with the bookkeeping duties
- Ends bills to customers; processes refunds; interacts with collection agencies on past-due accounts
- Makes sure vendors receive payments and all client payments are processed correctly.
- Works with collection agencies on overdue payments
- Performs internal audits on financial activities as necessary
- Handles queries related to accounts.
- Works to resolve billing disputes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; Master’s degree in Business
- Successful previous experience as an Account Officer and Sales Coordinator for more than 3 years
- Proficiency in MS Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience using accounting software, such as Quickbooks and Quicken
- Strong knowledge about Microsoft Office Suite
Skills needed for this role
The Account Officer should have knowledge of basic accounting procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. He/She should be able to achieve excellent customer service and maintain accurate financial records.
Sales and Marketing