The Animator performs a number of different tasks, with the end goal of creating visual works that can be displayed through different media sources, including film, TV, websites, and social media. He/She draws using physical and digital tools, creating frames for animation, and pulling frames together into moving pictures. He/She must also be able to work collaboratively as well as independently and often on tight deadlines.
- Works creatively to produce original and aesthetically pleasing designs and solutions
- Draws in 2D to create sketches, artwork or illustrations
- Animates realistic, story-driven character actions that are exciting, emotional, and compelling.
- Builds up accurate, detailed, frame-by-frame visuals
- Uses software and other techniques to produce animations.
- Works to production deadlines and meeting clients’ commercial requirements
- Liases and works effectively with other design and production staff.
- Comprehends and executes direction from the lead animator or animation supervisor
- Researches various design techniques to provide accurate designs for requested animations
- Composes and animates cameras in a cinematic style.
- Maintains current knowledge of technology developments in the field
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in computer animation, fine arts, graphic design, or related field.
- Experience using animation software, such as Adobe Animate, Maya, Cinema 4D, or Blender
- Experience implementing different animation styles, including traditional animation, 3D computer animation, 2D vector animation and others
- Knowledge of the software and hardware used in the post-production process
- Technical expertise in animation tools, layers and blends
- Strong design, communication, and project management skills
Skills needed for this role
The Animator must have good communication and storytelling skills and the ability to work with others and to take direction. He/She must have strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and computer skills. Networking skills and commitment to projects and engagement with the industry are also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee