The Assistant Editor reports to an editor and works closely with the publisher and commissioning editor in their team. He/She also liaises with other colleagues in different departments as well as looking after relationships with authors. He/She works to create an uninterrupted and productive environment for the editor, making sure that all processes are as smooth as possible.
- Assists the publisher and commissioning editor with development and delivery of a manuscript.
- Researches, plans and implements new articles
- Oversees writing projects to ensure accurate information and clear stories.
- Proofreads and checks articles for accuracy
- Works with other team members such as writers, reporters and photographers
- Processes and tracks content and data, including loading, reviewing, editing, and manipulation in various systems,
- Follows current events and developments and suggest original ideas
- Writes, manages and edits written work
- Works closely with the editor to find ways to improve a scene, looking for ways to streamline the content, discussing the filming techniques used and how they can be edited to look more visually appealing.
- Writes, copy and proofread manuscripts, working with the author to make sure that any comments or correction
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- More than 3 years of experience as an Assistant Editor or similar field
- Experience with MS Office, InDesign, or other publishing tools
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with SEO and social media platforms
- Proficiency in word-processing and spreadsheet applications
Skills needed for this role
The Assistant Editor must work effectively both as part of a team and autonomously, and is able to collaborate and resolve issues. He/She must be innovative, passionate about great storytelling and always on the lookout for new authors. He/She must be able to communicate with authors, their team and colleagues from other departments. Excellent attention to detail and being able to balance a variety of tasks, making sure the overall project is delivered on time are essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee