The Assistant Manager is required to manage all financial functions such as to assist in the development, performance and maintenance of the financial activities of the organization Assistant finance managers help finance managers with administrative and financial tasks, including invoicing, budget drafting, issuing purchase orders, and implementing and managing procurement processes. They are also responsible for writing monthly financial reports and filing the company’s taxes.
- Takes responsibility for the planning and execution of financial duties and projects of a company.
- Prepares financial statements, reports, and forecasts for the business to ensure financial stability.
- Drafts budgets, income statements, balance sheets, tax returns, and reports required by regulatory authorities.
- Manages the risks involved in the financial activities of the business.
- Estimates short and long-term financial objectives by setting performance targets.
- Compiles financial reports and supervises month-end processes.
- Drafts procurement processes and signing off on purchase orders.
- Manages and monitors metrics, KPI tracking, and reports for the financial department.
- Evaluates the financial performance of the organization and measures returns on investments.
- Provides training to staff members regarding financial processes.
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
- Accreditation from the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB).
- 5 years of experience in a senior financial position.
- A good understanding of financial management obligations, especially statutory obligations and requirements.
- Be an analytical thinker with strong investigative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Skills needed for this role
The Assistant Manager must have the proficiency in financial planning software such as Microsoft Excel and SAP. He/She must have the ability to work independently, must have excellent report-writing and communication skills and have an outstanding attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
Assistant Manager/ Managerial
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting, Business Planning, Business Management