The Baker works in a bakery assisting management with the production of Baked Goods. He/She is in charge of completing recipes exactly to achieve a consistent product. He/She entails measuring, mixing, and blending various ingredients, especially flour to obtain a mixture which when heated in an oven yields a baked product.
- Prepares, produces, and bakes breakfast pastries, breads, rolls, and some desserts.
- Develops new products for a la carte or menus on a rotating basis.
- Decorates baked goods using a pastry bag.
- Sets time and speed controls for mixing machines, or blending machines
- Measures or weighs flour or other ingredients to prepare batters, dough’s, fillings, or whipped cream, using scales or graduated containers.
- Prepare garnishes as needed for baked goods.
- Maintains adequate supply of all prepared products on hand and ensures the proper storage and refrigeration.
- Keeps spoilage/waste to a minimum by ordering and utilizing proper quantities and rotating products.
- Lines up baked products in mobile carts according to the needs of the particular outlet or function.
- Utilizes any and all leftovers into usable products.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary school diploma preferred
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment, stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances, and lift heavy items for extended periods.
Skills needed for this role
The Baker must have good oral and written skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good leadership skills and good organizational and planning skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee