The Bank Teller answers questions about bank products and services and directs customers to other staff for more complex bank transactions. He/She counts cash in the drawers as they begin hi/her shift and reconciles remaining cash at the end of their shift to account accurately for deposits and dispersals.
- Sells cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, and series e bonds
- Handles the day-to-day financial transactions for customers
- Counts and packages currency
- Promotes the bank’s services, like a special savings account or an additional checking account to customers
- Maintains and balances the cash drawer on a daily basis by accounting for cash assigned, received, and disbursed
- Places customer orders for checks and bank cards
- Reconciles loan coupons and other transactions
- Complies with bank operations and security procedures by participating in all dual-control functions
- High School Diploma or general educational diploma (GED) is required
- Proven experience of more than 6 months as consecutive customer service experience in financial services and retail sales
- Experience with financial institution software systems preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
Skills needed for this role
The Bank Teller must provide the customer with excellent service so that the customer continues to use the bank for all of his or her financial needs. He/She must have the ability to accurately count out cash/balance transaction data and communicate information about the bank and available services in a concise and friendly way. Exceptional customer service abilities to adequately address customer inquiries and questions and to promote the bank’s services are also essential for this role.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee