Budget Analysts evaluate budget proposals to determine the optimal allocation of project funds. They are responsible for reviewing budget proposals and requests for funding, evaluating spending needs, and conducting cost-benefit analyses, among other duties.
- Reviews monthly operations to assess compliance with budgets and determine necessary adjustments for future plans
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses to determine value
- Estimates and forecasts future financial need and supports programs with financial analytics
- Monitors and reports budgetary discrepancies to corporate senior management to maximize reporting efficiency and finalized spending plans
- Implements budgetary monitoring techniques to improve corporate spending habits
- Monitors and reports performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost, and schedule objectives are met.
- Defends budget recommendations with data and evidence-based analyses
- Determines whether budget proposals are in compliance with regulations
- Recommends and leads work programs and initiatives for the year to ensure to meet commitments if not improve budget management and monitoring including financial reporting completion
- Recommends financial solutions to corporate management based on detailed financial analysis
- Prepares estimates to complete (ETC) and spend plans, audits subcontractor invoices, and provides briefings and related documentation and reports for financial assessments
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience managing budgets
- Proficiency in data analysis and statistical forecasting
Skills needed for this role
There are certain skills that are helpful to have as a budget analyst, including complex problem solving and advanced math skills. In this position, the analyst must be able to quickly make decisions while also evaluating every possible action and making a judgment to determine the most appropriate course for the goals and needs of the organization.
Supervisor/5 Years & Up Experienced Employee
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting