Call Center Manager helps monitor and oversee the proper functioning of the call center department. He/She is required to ensure the center is performing at its best and producing results. He/She is also required to make budget plans, analyze performances and report to management on the happenings of the center.
- Manages the call center to achieve quantitative and qualitative objectives
- Carries out performance reviews, capacity planning, and technological evaluation to determine action plan for improved operations
- Creates a task list for the call center daily activities and ensures they are achieved
- Hires, trains and onboards new Call Center Representatives as required to meet quotas
- Oversees the budget plans and track expenses of the call center
- Tracks and measures productivity and compare to benchmarks
- Hires, coaches and provides training to personnel to maintain high customer service standards
- Monitors and improves ordering, telephone handling and other procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Communications, MBA is preferred
- Experience in a customer-focused field or as a call center agent is also required for the position
- More than 6 years of experience in telemarketing or an inbound call center environment
- Excellent communication, management, interpersonal and leadership skills required
- Knowledge in MS Office and Call Centre software programs
Skills needed for this role
Call center managers must be adept at courteously interacting with customers and ensuring their requirements are met. They should be able to direct and manage the human resources of a firm in order to achieve set objectives. They must work in harmony to give customers the best service and experience, while at the same time maximizing efficiency for the company.