The Cashier processes cash, debit, credit and check transactions using a cash register or other point-of-sale system in a retail environment. His/Her duties include balancing the cash register, making change, recording purchases, processing returns and scanning items for sale.
- Issues change, receipts, refunds, or tickets
- Reconciles cash drawers and sales receipts
- Processes return transactions.
- Receives and processes all payments according to standard procedures.
- Processes refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Calculates the cost of products or services
- Makes sales referrals, cross-sell products, and introduce new ones
- High School Diploma or General Educational diploma is required
- Proven work experience as a Cashier
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- Knowledgeable in basic math operations
- Must have the knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Experience operating a cash register
Skills needed for this role
The Cashier should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. He/She should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service. He/She must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be proficient cashier and clerical skills
1-4 Years Experienced Employee