The Casting Director is involved in the production of a film from the start of the project. He/She reads the script to determine which actors might fit well in the roles in the pre-production phase of a show. He/She works with the producers to determine the casting needs and the budget for the actors.
- Serves as the point person for all cast-related needs of a show.
- Reads the scripts to understand the speaking roles better
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team of actors, directors and producers to determine a role’s requirements
- Schedules the most qualified talent for auditions for roles in the production.
- Negotiates and finalizes cost-effective contracts with agents or actors.
- Determines the actor’s fee.
- Supervises and oversees crew members
- Reviews the resumes and photographs of actors and actresses who wish to be cast in the production.
- Finds replacements for actors when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Film, Arts, production or a related field is preferred
- Proven work experience of more than 3 years as a Casting Director or a similar role in the Media Industry.
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the media industry
- Excellent organizational, leadership and time management skills
Skills needed for this role
The Casting Director must have strong knowledge of and a passion for cinema or TV drama and an appreciation for changing trends in the industry. He/She should be able to spot actors with star quality and who will fit well into individual projects and roles. He/She should be diplomatic, work with agents to negotiate contracts, have good financial skills, stick to a budget
1-4 Years Experienced Employee