The Catering Manager works for a Restaurant, Bakery or similar establishment. The primary role of a Catering Manager is to oversee kitchen staff during the process of fulfilling catering orders. He/She is responsible for assuring quality in the preparation and packaging of products, accuracy of orders, availability of ingredients and supplies, kitchen efficiency, and the safety of the staff.
- Plans menus in consultation with chefs and ordering supplies as required.
- Hires, trains, supervises and motivates permanent and casual staff.
- Organizing staff rotas.
- Ensures health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived.
- Monitors the quality of the product and service provided.
- Sets and monitors budgets and maintains financial and administrative records.
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are strictly observed, recorded and archived
- Manages the food and beverage provision for functions and events
- High school degree required
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Food Management, or related field preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of food hygiene
- Extensive knowledge of event planning and catering requirements.
- Ability to work with clients to determine and anticipate needs of the event.
- In depth understanding of health regulations
Skills needed for this role
The Catering Manager must have excellent organizational skills, communication and interpersonal skills. He/She must have excellent managerial and supervisory skills and strong leadership and team development skills.
Hospitality, Food Management