The Chemical Engineer plays a vital role in developing new products and providing quality assurance and improvement for existing ones. He/She conducts research for new development and also monitors and troubleshoots current manufacturing processes. In addition to efficiency and innovation, he/she must prioritize safety and legal compliance.
- Works closely with process chemists and control engineers to ensure the process plant is set up to provide maximum output levels and efficient running of the production facility
- Uses scientific principles related to magnitude, momentum, heat transfer etc
- Improves manufacturing processes by performing comprehensive evaluation of processes, materials and equipment and identifying areas and methods of improvement
- Performs chemical analysis and physical property testing of materials and products.
- Uses scientific and engineering principles to research, develop and manufacture chemicals, drugs, fuels, food and a wide range of other products
- Ensures that equipment works to its specification and to appropriate capacities
- Supervises and directs laboratory technicians and other personnel in conducting research and testing, placing and adjusting equipment and implementing process changes
- Evaluates current processes and develops improvements to safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and other related fields
- Proven experience of working in the chemical engineering field
- Three to five years’ experience in a production or research environment
- Must have obtained license as a Chemical Engineer
- Strong understanding of chemistry, mathematics, biology, and engineering principles
- Familiarity with polymerization processes
Skills needed for this role
The Chemical Engineer must be knowledgeable, communicative, observant, organized, and committed to reaching project goals. He/She should also possess strong interpersonal, time management, and presentation skills. He/She must have a profound understanding of engineering principles and mathematics, analytical and problem-solving ability.