The Chief Technical Officer (CTO) makes all executive decisions with regard to the technological interests of a company. He is responsible for outlining the company’s technological vision, implementing technology strategies, and ensuring that the technological resources are aligned with the company’s business needs.
- Manages the company’s technological plans.
- Oversees data security and management.
- Maintains a company’s network.
- Envisions how different forms of technology will be used throughout the company.
- Research ways the company’s technological assets can be improved.
- Creates networking safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep client information confidential.
- Assess whether new technologies are appropriate for the company to use.
- Ensures technologies currently in use are efficient and making changes wherever necessary.
- Develops strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- MA in Engineering, Computer Science or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Hands-on experience with complex project management
- Proactive problem solver
- Attention to details
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future
- Work closely with Marketing, Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements
Skills needed for this role
The Chief Technical Officer (CTO) must have outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. He must have excellent organizational and time-management skills and effective negotiation and vendor management skills. It is also essential that he has the ability to delegate efficiently.