The Child Care Teacher plans and carries out a daily program designed to meet the physical and developmental needs of a group of children. He/She must be able to effectively supervise other staff assisting in the classroom, be sensitive to the needs of individual children and relate well to both the children and adults.
- Plans, schedules and implements the daily program of appropriate developmental experiences for a classroom group of children
- Provides basic care for children which includes feeding, grooming, and changing diapers.
- Provides a pleasant, safe, and sanitary environment.
- Provides care and protection for assigned children
- Remains in constant communication with parents and update them on the progress of their children
- Maintains a physical environment conducive to children’s growth and development and arranges to promote optimal program functioning.
- Designs their own lesson and classroom instruction plans based on state-approved and school-approved curriculum.
- Helps children learn to adapt to and cope with real-life situations
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or other related field; Specialization in Child Care Education would be advantageous.
- Relevant experience as a Child Care Teacher
- Knowledge of various teaching methods
- Valid teaching credential preferred
- Excellent knowledge of child development and up-to-date education methods
Skills needed for this role
The Child Care Teacher must have a strong grasp of the English language and the ability to communicate effectively with both children and adults. He/She must be sensitive to the current needs of children and highly observant of their potential needs. Being patient and understanding and who possess good listening skills and do not display fits of temper during working hours are also essential for this role.