The Clinical Director leads a team of medical professionals to administer excellent patient care to those with either physical disabilities, illnesses or behavioral conditions. He/She hires medical professionals depending on their facility’s needs, manages budgets for medical supplies and equipment and ensures that their facility adheres to healthcare laws and regulations.
- Designs and implements business strategies to assist the clinic to realize business goals
- Assesses employee performance and if necessary, discipline employees in a constructive manner.
- Oversees the department’s compliance with legal policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensures adherence to company standards of service and growth
- Ensures departments have sufficient and qualified personnel
- Provides training on clinical supervision to staff who provide supervision
- Organizes and runs all patient care or administrative operations and programs
- Designs and implements business strategies to help the clinic meet organizational goal
- Ensures departments are staffed with sufficient and qualified personnel
- Performs quarterly and and annual employee reviews and provide constructive feedback on their performance to help them meet professional goals
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical administration, medical science, psychology or related fields.
- Proven work experience as a Clinical Director
- In-depth knowledge of policies and regulations in the clinical field.
- Good understanding of budget and resources planning budgeting, as well as evaluation procedures and methods
- Hands-on experience with computer systems such as EMR
Skills needed for this role
The Clinical Director must have great communication and interpersonal skills when dealing with clinical staff and patients. He/she must have the ability to delegate and supervise tasks as required and must have a good understanding of budget and resources planning budgeting in addition to evaluation procedures and methods.