The Commercial Director works for large organizations, where they help their company reach revenue goals.He/She solicits new clients and nurtures relationships with existing ones, while also crafting marketing strategies designed to keep the company moving forward. This is a senior-level management role that requires proven leadership ability and extensive knowledge of the business world.
- Develops, plans and implements commercial plans and strategies
- Develops and implements commercial strategies in line with company goals and objectives, with the aim to accelerate growth.
- Masterminds business growth strategies to help meet organizational goals and objectives
- Negotiates ongoing contracts with suppliers and customers; managing and reviewing contracts and making recommendations regarding commerciality.
- Conducts market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Keeps their employees on a path toward long-term goals and boost morale, in addition to fostering talent and encouraging employee retention.
- Directs, maintains and improves mechanisms for surveying and measuring commercial activities and disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; Master’s degree in Business
- Proven previous experience as a Commercial Director for more than 5 years
- Experience in project management with a background in advertising and social media marketing is preferable.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Superior time management abilities and capable of meeting deadlines
Skills needed for this role
The Commercial Director must have strong commercial awareness, along with an entrepreneurial and strategic mindset. Excellent organisational and leadership skills are essential and they must have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities in order to successfully manage relationships with key clients and stakeholders
Sales and Marketing