The Compliance Officer helps organizations manage risks and avoid lawsuits by ensuring business operations are performed in compliance with state and federal laws. He/She is tasked with everything from developing company policies, creating metrics to help track compliance and performing compliance audits.
- Provides audit information to management by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports.
- Prepares compliance audit data by compiling and analyzing internal and external information.
- Supports departments by collecting and coordinating internal compliance data with auditors and various departments.
- Provides administrative support by implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of compliance auditors.
- Helps others by answering questions and responding to requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Enforces adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Enhances compliance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s in law, finance, business management or similar related field
- In depth knowledge of legal requirements and procedures
- A compliance certification is necessary
- Possess a collaborative personality and be open to suggestions from team members
- Exemplify strong knowledge of industry protocols and best practices
- Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics
Skills needed for this role
The Compliance Officer must have brilliant oral and written communication skills. He/She must be highly-analytical with strong attention to detail. He/She must have the ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies and strong time management and organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines.