The Computer Security Specialist uses his/her skills and knowledge to prevent cyber attacks on information systems and to keep criminals from gaining access to financial information, military secrets and other confidential data.
- Troubleshoots server and network security-related issues
- deny hackers access to a system and set up programs that detect hackers who do intrude onto a system
- Designs, implements and tests compliant network security systems and solutions
- Designs and implements safety measures and data recovery plans
- Responsible for controlling site-specific physical access to computers.
- Maintains security infrastructures
- Assesses the status of company IT, network, and security systems.
- Drafts technical documentation and security guidelines
- Monitors and protects systems from vulnerabilities and threats.
- Collaborates with management, staff, department heads and external partners or regulators
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration or a closely related field
- Proven previous work experience as a Computer Security Specialist
- Familiarity with back-end programming languages, including C++ and PHP.
- Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies
Skills needed for this role
The Computer Security Specialist must have outstanding communication skills, teamwork and collaboration. He/She must be self-disciplined, focused and must have creative and problem-solving skills. Having analytical and organizational skills are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee, Supervisory
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management