The Cosmetologist works with clients to help them achieve desired makeup looks, hairstyles and nail designs. His/Her duties include interacting with clients, performing beautification techniques and providing spa-like services to their clients.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Administers manicures and facials, and applying and removing makeup
- Offers makeup recommendations based on preferences and skincare needs
- Provides skin care treatments, such as scalp treatments, massages, and facials, and uses a variety of lotions and creams.
- Provides clients with information about what styles and colors are best for them based on their hair’s texture, condition, color, and their complexion.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Provides service to room-bound and bed-bound clients, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Cosmetology or related fields.
- Proven work experience as a Cosmetologist for more than 3 years
- A certification from a recognized cosmetology school.
- Must be customer service oriented and prepared to liaise with patients, their families and other care providers.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Skills needed for this role
The Cosmetologist must build comfortable relationships with their clients, listening carefully to their requests or concerns. He/She must have excellent hand-eye coordination is needed to safely handle small, sharp cosmetic tools and smoothly apply makeup and polish. Having a passion for the beauty industry and remain up-to-date on the latest hair, nail, skin care, and makeup trends
1-4 Years Experienced Employee