The Cost Accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Prepares product costing, standard cost updates, analysis on cost variance and prepare costing reports
- Collects and organizes cost information into a database of expenses
- Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Constructs data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system
- Determines and calculates formulas for fixed and variable costs, such as rent, insurance, and monthly purchases
- Handles inventory accounting, reporting and reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree Accounting and Finance
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a tax accountant or similar role
- Certification Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principals
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Skills needed for this role
A Cost Accountant must have excellent numeracy skills along with a logical and analytical mind. The ability to interpret and explain complex data is key with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. He/She must be a strong team player, organized and possess a high attention to detail. Possessing excellent interpersonal and communication skills is essential.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Accounting/Finance, Audit & Taxation