The Data Architect analyzes the data needs of the company and uses skills in coding to maintain secure databases. The Data Architect will collect and organize the data obtained. A Data Architect uses their training in analytics and various coding programs to analyze information and draw conclusions based on their findings.
- Designs and implements effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Examines and identifies database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assesses database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Installs and organizes information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepares accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Oversees the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitors the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommends solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques
- Expertise in SQL and Oracle
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
Skills needed for this role
The Data Architect must have strong math and analytical skills in order to complete job requirements successfully. He/She must have strong computer skills and ability to use necessary databases and software. Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients.
Supervisory, IT Professionals
Data management, Information & Technology