Data Scientist that will help the firm discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. A Data Scientist will primarily focus on applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with their products.
- Works with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mines and analyzes data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development
- Tests data mining models to select the most appropriate ones for use on a project
- Maintains clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results
- Creates clear reports that tell compelling stories about how customers or clients work with the business
- Checks for the effectiveness of data sources and data-gathering techniques and improve data collection methods
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics:
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Data-oriented personality
Skills needed for this role
The Data Scientist must have great communication skills, good scripting and programming skills . He/She must be proficient in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig. He/She must be good at giving presentations in front of the stakeholders and has the ability to describe the findings in Layman’s terms. Building and maintaining relations with clients is also essential.
2-4 Years Experienced IT Professionals
Research, Analysis, Business Intelligence