The DevOps Engineer combines an understanding of both engineering and coding. He/She works with various departments to create and develop systems within a company. He/She crosses and merges the barriers that exist between software development, testing and operations teams and keep existing networks in mind as they design, plan and test.
- Analyzes current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them
- Builds and sets up new development tools and infrastructure
- Provides detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary
- Understands the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Participates in the processes of strategic project-planning meetings.
- Works on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Tests and examines code written by others and analysing results
- Builds automated deployments through the use of configuration management technology
- Ensures that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required
- Proven previous work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy
- Working knowledge of databases and SQL
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications
Skills needed for this role
The DevOps Engineer must have excellent strategizing techniques. He/She must enjoy collaborating with others and must have above-average communication skills. He/She should also be curious, intelligent and motivated. Having excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management