The Digital Editor is the head of an online content team. He/She creates, edits, formats and publishes digital content. He/She works closely with a team of writers and graphic artists, coordinating their output for online publication. He/She works for blogs, websites and traditional media with a digital presence including magazines and newspapers.
- Proofread and edit articles submitted by the writing team to ensure they’re free from errors, accurate and in line with the publication’s style guide
- Supervises layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork
- Works together with the team to bring in innovative content themes
- Assigns and coordinates written content for web publishing on various internet platforms.
- Formats articles, images and video content for online publication
- Publishes articles to digital platforms including own website and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in digital editing or video production
- Proven work experience as a Digital Editor
- Knowledge of social media platforms and SEO best practices.
- Familiarity with digital technology and software used for editing like Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects or Final Cut Pro
- In-depth knowledge of software such as InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
Skills needed for this role
The Digital Editor should have in-depth knowledge of the relevant software and best practices for SEO. He/She should be up-to-date with the latest trends in digital technology and demonstrate excellent creative thinking and problem-solving abilities.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee