The Director of Sales is responsible for all of the sales of a company. He/She is responsible for all of the sales activities and sales managers. He/She identifies key markets, stays on top of emerging trends, and collaborates with teams. Developing sales reports for the entire company is also one of the duties.
- Sells products by implementing national sales plans.
- Supervises regional sales managers.
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies, analyzing trends and results.
- Understands the competitive landscape and market trends
- Understands and effectively communicate the company’s value prop, tech, process and current partnerships
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand
- Estimates sales volume and profit for current and new products.
- Establishes a sales training program to train new employees
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or a relevant field.
- MBA is necessary
- Ability to understand the impact of operational initiatives from a sales or marketing person’s perspective
- Ability to prepare reports and use appropriate modes of communication.
- Must be proficient at analyzing data, building reporting and making strategic recommendations based on data and trends
Skills needed for this role
The Director of Sales must have presentation, negotiation, prospecting, leadership and good time management skills. He/She must have in-depth knowledge of marketing techniques and best practices, the capacity to manage various projects and work to tight deadlines and great command of MS Office, CRM and BRM tools.
Sales & Marketing, Business