The Dispatcher is responsible for receiving emergency and non-emergency calls from people in potential danger. He/She manages calls and ensures that the proper response team is in place to take care of the caller.
- Prioritizes and organizes calls according to urgency
- Uses telephones, two-way radios or text messages to contact employees or emergency personnel
- Receives and answers emergency and non-emergency calls
- Keeps organized and updated customer files in a database and creating contract proposals if relevant
- Enters data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
- Assists with marketing as needed and keeping hard copies of customer files and billing
- Addresses any emergency situations service crews may encounter and relays information to management or other departments as needed
- High School diploma or General Educational Diploma (GED) is required
- Proven work experience as a Dispatcher or equivalent positions
- Strong knowledge of emergency processes and procedures.
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Hands on experience working in stressful, emergency situations
Skills needed for this role
The Dispatcher must have strong verbal communication skills to relay information to service crews and answer customer questions and concerns. He/She must have good time management skills and knows to prioritize jobs and schedule appointments so service can be completed within regular business hours.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee