The Editor reads manuscripts and other forms of written content to check for errors and areas to refine the piece. His/Her duties include maintaining close communication with Writers, referring to style guides and client directions to improve the content and making corrections to grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes throughout a piece of content.
- Coordinates online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Coaches new writers and editors through the content creation process
- Establishes the publication standards and goals.
- Cooperates and liaises with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Modifies written content from writers
- Proofreads and edits stories or art pieces.
- Meets tight deadlines and monitors budgets.
- Meets with other team members, including writers, senior editors, project managers and marketing directors, to create content
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or english
- Proven work experience as an Editor
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- In-depth knowledge of SEO and social media best practices.
- Experience with content management systems
Skills needed for this role
The Editor must demonstrate a good eye for detail and know-how to manage all the moving parts of a publication. He/She must also possess excellent communication, editing, and proofreading skills. Having excellent written skills in English is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee