The Electrical Engineer designs, develops and maintains electrical systems for buildings, transport systems and power distribution networks. He/She works in and across many industries, such as construction, transport, energy (including renewables), building services, and manufacturing. He/She needs a good understanding of engineering science, and strong maths and computer skills.
- Manages power generation, transmission and distribution
- Designs, implements, maintains and improves electrical products and systems.
- Works with high and low voltage equipment
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Designs systems and products using computer software
- Prepares specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Works with renewable energy sources
- Estimates material, labor, or construction costs for budget preparation.
- Budgets and estimates timescales
- Maintains electrical equipment.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related field, accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Must have obtained license as a Electrical Engineer
- Proven experience of working in the electrical engineering field
- Familiarity with design software, such as Autodesk, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation.
- Understanding of electrical engineering codes and safety standards
- Deep knowledge of electrical manufacturing process
Skills needed for this role
The Electrical Engineer must have proven knowledge of engineering design software and equipment and the ability to design, implement, install and maintain electrical systems. He/She must have knowledge of electronic engineering codes and the ability to write technical reports and documentation
Licensed Professional, Skilled Worker