The Engagement Manager builds a positive relationship with a client after they have signed a contract. They are responsible for solving any issue that a client experiences. He/She also has to prepare reports on the progress of the project. Some of the jobs titles that an engagement manager could grow into are head of sales and head of customer relations.
- Oversees the customer service operations within a business, dealing with customers directly and often as their first point of contact.
- Assigns resources from the company to the client
- Seeks opportunities to upsell products and services to existing accounts
- Assists customers to implement and access company services.
- Works with the sales team to find new clients
- Ensures the company remains compliant and adheres to the terms and conditions listed in contracts.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and follows ethical standards
- Creates reports on progress of the contract
- Analyzes financial data, such as revenue, expenditures, and project budgets, to write more relevant and accurate proposals.
- Helps clients to implement their services and plan projects more effectively, often setting up “discovery sessions” with key stakeholders to identify issues and ways to improve.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; Master’s degree in Business
- Proven previous experience as a Client Relations Manager for more than 5 years
- Experience in project management with a background in advertising and social media marketing is preferable.
- Knowledge of online marketing and advertising
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
Skills needed for this role
The Client Relations Manager must have strong leadership, problem solving, and planning skills, as well as excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. He/She must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail and must be good with project management and be knowledgeable about the company’s products. Proficiency in the use of computers is also necessary for this role.
Sales and Marketing