The Facilities Coordinator ensures the optimal working environment for all of the organization’s staff members by providing full maintenance services of a given facility as well as promoting safety conditions.
- Schedules preventative maintenance, respond to urgent maintenance calls and participate in the creation of emergency preparedness plans.
- Supports the Facilities Manager with external contacts as needed
- Maintains physical space, ensuring a safe, clean, and functional environment.
- Oversees, plans and coordinates activities of custodial, maintenance and related assigned personnel.
- Maintains and manages physical asset and storage site inventory.
- Supervises and trains facility employees and contractors as needed.
- Conducts an overview of the specific needs of the space, such as new furniture, office renovations and office supplies
- Plans out necessary changes that need to be done by requesting approval from upper management,
- Places orders, receiving supplies and distributing them to the relevant partie
- Bachelor’s degree or High School degree or general educational diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as a Facilities Coordinator is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs.
- Building management and Facility and Maintenance operations.
- Maintenance management software
Skills needed for this role
The Facilities Coordinator must have strong written and oral communication skills. He/She must be able to stay organized while multi-tasking and work well in a fast-paced environment. Having the ability to perform and manage technically complex projects using independent judgment and personal initiative are required for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Facilities and Maintenance, Housekeeping