The Facilities Manager is responsible for the security, maintenance and services of work facilities to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees. He/She oversees the operation and maintenance of building systems and services.
- Ensures employees are properly accommodated in a workplace that supports their needs and expectations.
- Schedules and supervises maintenance repair work and assist with checking installation and servicing building equipment
- Ensures that basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Oversees security of buildings and grounds
- Ensures the building is maintained, improved, and managed, and that vendor partnerships are managed.
- Drafts reports and makes written recommendations.
- Maintains stock levels and parts within budget
- Monitors and manages the major assets and technologies within the workplace to ensure maximum return on investment.
- Advises businesses on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility
- Oversees any renovations, refurbishments and building projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Facilities Management or equivalent professional level experience
- Previous experience as a Facilities Manager is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software necessary to create and maintain reports and logs.
- Building management and Facility and Maintenance operations.
- Facilities and maintenance management software
- Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental regulations
Skills needed for this role
The Facilities Manager must have adaptability, flexibility, and sustainability for the organization. He/She ensures efficient and smooth business operations that are not often interrupted by a diverse range of technical difficulties. Having good interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills, and procurement and negotiation skills are essential for this role.
Facilities and Maintenance