The Fashion Copywriter is a content creator that writes copy for the fashion industry, either exclusively or as part of their more extensive expertise. He/She researches and writes articles for blogs, media releases, print and online publications.
- Composes creative and engaging fashion-related copy for various print and online publications.
- Presents new products (e.g. outfits, accessories and makeup items)
- Manages the layout design before publishing. Suggest improvements as and when required.
- Research the latest fashion trends and beauty products available on the market.
- Liaises with photographers to ensure all articles include appealing pictures
- Stays updated with the most recent trends and audience’s inclinations.
- Bachelor’s degree in fashion, English, communications, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as a Fashion Copywriter
- Proficiency with computers, especially writing programs, such as Google Docs and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with web publication techniques
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress)
Skills needed for this role
The Fashion Copywriter must have strong knowledge of fashion and product copywriting. He/she must have the ability to write copy for the web in the most effective way and must have outstanding oral and written communication skills. Having a good understanding of web analytics is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee