Finance Manager distributes the financial resources of a company, is responsible for the budget planning, and supports the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company.
- Collects, interprets, and reviewing financial information
- Predicts future financial trends
- Reports to management and stakeholders, and providing advice how the company and future business decisions might be impacted
- Produces financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Develops long-term business plans based on these reports
- Reviews, monitors, and manages budgets
- Develops strategies that work to minimise financial risk
- Analyzes market trends and competitors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Proven experience as a Financial Manager
- Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
- Proficient user of finance software
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus
Skills needed for this role
A Finance Manager must have good oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, commercial awareness, initiative and the ability to work as part of a team. Excellent problem-solving, analytical, technical, IT and numerical abilities are crucial. A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data and ability to stick to time constraints.
5 years or more of experience in business or financial occupation
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting, Business Planning