The Financial Supervisor will oversee the organization’s accounting systems, maintaining accurate records and financial documentation. Supervise financial and accounting processes and ensure adherence to company and/or federal laws. Prepare and distribute budget reports and financial statements to management in a timely fashion.
- Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains clerical and professional accounting staff in the finance department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Analyzes financial reports in relation to current budget and prior year information.
- Audits expenditures, ensuring compliance with the accounting procedures of the organization.
- Balances and reconciles accounts; adjusts and corrects daily journal entries.
- Monitors expenditures and prepares monthly financial statements and administrative reports.
- Provides technical support to clerical and professional staff.
- Prepares quarterly and annual statements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration required.
- Three to five years of supervising experience required. (minimum 1 year)
- understanding of financial management obligations (including statutory obligations), requirements and dynamics
- experience of specific computer software – insert as applicable e.g. Sage
- ability to assist in financial management and control
- ability to drive a team
- project management skills
- ability to work under pressure
Skills needed for this role
A Finance Supervisor must have and maintain (with regular training and updates as necessary) the knowledge, technical skills and qualifications that are necessary to perform effectively as Finance Supervisor; to comply with the requirements of the organization and any applicable rules, and with any law which applies to your job role.
3 years or more of experience in business administration or finance
Accounting/Finance, General/Cost Accounting, Business Administration