The Fitness Trainer and instructor leads, instructs, and motivates individuals or groups in exercise activities, including cardiovascular exercises (exercises for the heart and blood circulation), strength training, and stretching. He/She works with people of all ages and skill levels.
- Demonstrates the correct way to use exercise equipment
- Watches clients do exercises to ensure that they are using the correct techniques
- Monitors the misuse of equipment
- Supports the development and delivery of fitness programs.
- Ensures the gym is clean and free of health and safety hazards
- Tracks clients’ physical progress
- Delivers exercise classes and workshops
- Modifies exercise plans based on needs, potential injuries or health issues
- Develops personal exercise and diet plans
- Monitors clients’ progress and adapt programs as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proven work experience as a Fitness Trainer
- Accredited by NCCA.
- Gym Instructor certification.
- Knowledge of diverse exercises and how to adjust plans according to each client’s needs
- Proven experience of CPR and First Aid
Skills needed for this role
The Fitness Trainer must be physically fit but more important than an athletic body is a passion for health and fitness, great communications skills, endless patience and fabulous motivational skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee