The Flight Attendant assists the passengers with any requirement on the flight and ensures that their trip is excellent. A Flight Attendant is responsible to ensure that the emergency equipment is working, that the cabin is clean, and that there is an adequate supply of food and beverages.
- Prepares and delivers food and beverages.
- Ensures the security of all travelers.
- Enthusiastically engages and assists patrons during boarding.
- Supports passengers and crew members during an emergency.
- Complies with all aviation governance, guidelines, and requirements.
- Writes and presents incident reports to the appropriate administrator.
- Engages in preflight analysis with pilots and crew to talk about flight specifics.
- Administers special assistance to disabled people, unaccompanied minors, and the elderly.
- Carefully directs customers to assigned seating and checks carry-on items to ensure luggage meets requirements.
- Communicates emergency safety procedures and shows passengers where to find and how to use the equipment.
- Oversees and inspects the cabin, passengers, and facilities for safekeeping before, during, and after departure.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Cabin crew certification and training required.
- Fluency in multiple languages is an advantage.
- Friendly yet professional image
- Basic knowledge of computers and MS Office
- Good color vision and hearing
- Good general health and fitness – stand requirement by airlines is that cabin staff is able to swim at least 25m
Skills needed for this role
The Flight Attendant must be fluent in English and possesses excellent interpersonal communication skills. Having outstanding problem-solving skills and aptitude to handle difficult situations.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Travel and Tourism