The Food Expeditor inspects dishes for visual appeal and ensures that food is properly prepared and served at the proper temperature in a timely fashion. He/She calls out orders to chefs, checks on the status of dishes, and calls for wait staff when food is ready to serve. He/She also alerts the wait staff when the kitchen is out of a specific ingredient and relays special food requests from the wait staff to the kitchen.
- Plans and manages the order flow
- Makes sure that all the orders are prepared in time
- Assists and manages the final preparation of different food and dishes
- Controls and oversees dishes before they leave the kitchen
- Ensures adherence to all relevant quality and sanitation rules and regulations
- Provides assistance in cleaning activities
- Serves as a contact point for the kitchen and the wait staff
- Takes care of customers with special needs and requests
- Ensures excellent client service
- Gives suggestions for the improvement of the restaurant’s offerings and reputation
- Executes a variety of different tasks as needed in accordance with managers requests
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good understanding of restaurant health and safety regulations.
- Food handling certification may be required.
- Ability to handle a high-pressure, fast-paced, and stressful environment.
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods, assists where needed, and carry heavy trays.
- Skills needed for this role
- The Food Expeditor must have excellent communication and leadership skills, strong attention to detail, multi-tasking and time management skills. Having great customer service skills is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Hospitality, Food Management