The Forklift Operator operates and manages industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into railroad cars or trucks or storage facilities.
- Ensures that forklift driving areas are free from spills or obstructions
- Unloads and uploads material
- Safely stacks and unstacks large quantities of goods onto shelves or pallets
- Pallets building and pallet picks.
- Ensures proper health and safety regulations are followed
- Monitors and maintains accurate inventory.
- Determines the need for repairs
- Uses industrial plastic wraps and wooden pallets to safely stack and package goods for transport
- Weighs and records weights of products.
- Performs inspections on the forklift
- High School degree or general educational diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as a Forklift operator is required
- Certification or license to operate heavy machinery
- Completion of forklift driving course is a plus
- Good knowledge of industrial equipment
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, peripheral vision, and ability with spatial relationships.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
Skills needed for this role
The Forklift Operator must have the ability to work well in a team with other staff to coordinate the movement of goods and the knowledge of warehouse health and safety requirements. He must have adequate Knowledge of industrial storage procedures, such as the correct way to stack pallets on top of one another and the ability to itemise and record stock for inventories
Facilities and Maintenance