The General Laborer performs a variety of physical tasks. The responsibilities include receiving goods, performing construction site duties and operating construction vehicles.
- Performs various physical duties as assigned.
- Maintains all safety standards.
- Moves, secures, installs, builds, loads, or unloads materials.
- Performs some specialized tasks which may require on-the job training.
- Effectively uses heavy and light equipment, depending on the jobsite/assignment.
- Moves items from place to place, according to direction from the site supervisor.
- Moves tools, equipment, or other material as directed in plans or by supervisor.
- High school degree or equivalent educational experience; vocational school or trade apprenticeships a plus
- State licensure to work with hazardous materials preferred but not required; union certification preferred but not required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Able to work independently or as an active member of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Stamina required to remain standing for most of the day
Skills needed for this role
The General Laborer must have excellent hand-eye-coordination skills and the ability to read labels, safety warnings, and guidelines. He/She must be able to receive and follow instructions and communicate with co-workers.