The Hair Stylist provides insight to men, women and children on various hair styles, cuts and color. He/She has the ability to learn and share information on the hair care products to upsell items solid by the salon. He/She works with customers to help them achieve the look they want.
- Uses hair care tools and equipment safely and effectively to avoid accidents.
- Assists in upselling salon products and services
- Consults with clients on stylistic options for their hair.
- Obtains revenue by recording or collecting charges.
- Monitors inventory level of hair care supplies and report any shortages in a timely manner.
- Utilizes of equipment and chemicals safely
- Provides hair care services including shampooing, cutting, coloring and styling.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Analyzes facial features and recommends appropriate hairstyles to customers.
- Explains the best ways to maintain hair health and why it’s important
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Licensing from a cosmetology school.
- Proven work experience as a Hairstylist
- Experience using different types of scissors, trimmers and other tools to create hairstyles
- An understanding of the different types of hairstyles a person can request and how to achieve those looks
- Skills needed for this role
- The Hair Stylist must have the willingness to learn about new styles and techniques. He/She must have the ability to communicate with customers and understand a look they want, even if they don’t know the technical terms for a certain style. Being able to demonstrate consistent telephone etiquette is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee