The Healthcare Administrator plans, directs and coordinates medicine and health services in the hospital. He/She plans, implements and administers programs and services including human resource administration, training, and coordination of medical, nursing and physical plant staff.
- Oversees day-to-day management of healthcare services while maintaining compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Keeps detailed records of medical and office supplies stock.
- Manages human capital, including policies for hiring, performance reviews, staff schedules, etc.
- Updates patient health records, including admissions and insurance data
- Ensures continuity and consistency in delivery and quality of services by hiring and supervising employees, while ensuring adequate staffing
- Manages health informatics, including recordkeeping
- Ensures positive patient experiences at every touchpoint
- Ensures an organization’s compliance with medical and legal regulations and internal policies
- Responds to questions from doctors, nurses, and patients in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in health care administration, business administration, or related field.
- Masters degree in Healthcare Administration or related field required.
- Proven previous work experience as a Healthcare Administrator or related jobs
- Knowledge of medical terminology, regulations and medical office procedures
- In-depth knowledge of healthcare regulations and medical terminology.
Skills needed for this role
The Healthcare Administrator must have a deep understanding of healthcare law and policies and must have leadership skills, with steadfast resolve, empathy, and personal integrity. He/She must also have exceptional interpersonal, communication, and multitasking skills and the ability to work long hours and often remain on-call.
Supervisory, More than 5 Years Experienced Employee