The Healthcare Data Analyst oversees hospital data management and analytics. He/She standardizes the data-gathering process, optimizes and organizes the output. He/She also understands computer programming languages and has a working knowledge of machine learning.
- Compiles and organizes health care data
- Pulls and integrates data from disparate sources (e.g. cost and claims or clinical data)
- Analyzes data to assist in delivering optimal health care management and decision making
- Interprets and organizes billing information and patient survey data.
- Uses healthcare data to achieve administrative needs and goals
- Streamlines the process for billing and make it easier for administrative staff to bill patients
- Understands data storage and data sharing methods
- Presents and explains information in an accessible way (e.g budgeting reports)
- Investigates data to find patterns and trends
- Communicates analytic insights to management
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, healthcare administration, or related field.
- Proven previous work experience as a Healthcare Data Analyst
- Knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and data management systems
- Proficiency with database programming languages such as SQL.
- Proficiency with Python for data manipulation
Skills needed for this role
The Healthcare Data Analyst must have the ability to read and understand data models and give input to data modeling based on the results of data analysis. He/She must have exceptional stakeholder management and facilitation skills and the ability to work independently or in a team. Having strong analytic skills with a curious mind are also essential for this role.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Information Technology, Computer Science, Data Management