The Illustrator creates drawings and graphics, typically with digital software. The images he/she creates are typically used to demonstrate how a product works or to provide a visual representation of an overall design plan. The illustrations are typically used in reference books, instruction manuals, brochures, websites, multimedia software, etc.
- Uses computer-aided design (CAD) packages to scan images and change size, colours and other elements
- Brainstorms with the marketing and design team to come up with image ideas.
- Creates original pieces for self-promotion
- Designs and creates charts, typography, illustrations, and artwork, such as posters, brochures, presentations, logos, etc
- Redefines a brief through further consultation with the client to include new ideas or text as appropriate
- Works with clients and/or teams to understand project needs and prepare graphics concepts
- Converts written and spoken ideas into a visual format to help convey information to the end users, consumers, and prospective buyers
- Creates complete illustrations by combining painting, hand-drawn and digitally created images.
- Degree in Design, Fine Arts or related field
- Proficiency in programs such as Photoshop, InDesign, QuarkXPress, and Illustrator
- Proven previous work experience as an Illustrator
- Work experience using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and web
Skills needed for this role
The Illustrator must be energetic, natural problem solvers, and enjoys working in a matrix work environment. He/She must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while managing multiple projects.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee