The Information Technology (IT) Consultant works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. He/She works to improve the structure and efficiency of IT systems in various organizations.
- Initiates IT projects and coordinate IT staff members
- Understands organizational practices and their industry
- Conducts regular inspections of existing systems and suggest improvement plans
- Understands the clients’ requirements to develop proposals and suggest solutions to help them meet their business objectives
- Designs and installs IT systems.
- Determines information system requirements and defining project objectives
- Analyzes IT requirements within companies and give independent and objective advice on the use of IT
- Oversees and coordinate the implementation of new technology
- Gains in-depth understanding of customer problems and business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field of study.
- MBA in Information Systems, preferred
- Previous working experience as IT Consultant for (x) year(s)
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting hardware, software and network issues
- Any additional training and certification (e.g. CompTIA A+) will be an advantage
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Applications, including Project
Skills needed for this role
The Information Technology (IT) Consultant should have excellent analytical skills, extensive technical knowledge, and the ability to understand how technology supports business and organization goals. Since this role balances technical and business expertise with leadership and implementation, most technology consultants emerge from IT-related careers and move on to work as independent consultants.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee
Computer Science, Information & Technology