The Inside Sales Managers hire, train and manage the professional development of an inside sales team, which consists of individuals who conduct sales via phones or the Internet. He/She set sales goals, track sales, produce sales reports, complete monthly forecasting and set department budgets. He/She also conducts analyses to determine prospective clients and develop relationships with existing clients.
- Ensures that a company’s sales department runs smoothly and effectively.
- Manages and oversee the work of inside sales representatives team
- Educates inside sales staff on effectively answering common customer questions.
- Regularly evaluates the performance of the inside sales team.
- Teaches new sales strategies and techniques and delivering other presentations as needed
- Understands the needs and pains of our customers and target market
- Executes sales analysis, prepare sales reports and suggest improvements
- Hires, trains, motivates and provides ongoing professional development opportunities for these employees.
- Monitors actual sales and sales leads, keeps track of sales and generates reports that cover sales forecasting, goals and results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; Master’s degree in Business
- Proven previous experience as an Inside Sales Manager for more than 5 years
- Experience in project management with a background in advertising and social media marketing is preferable.
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Excel
- Accredited inside sales manager (AISM) and Certified inside sales professional (CISP) accreditations are advantageous.
Skills needed for this role
The Inside Sales Managers should possess written and verbal communication, listening, customer service and organizational skills. He/she should be team-building and resourceful problem-solvers who can motivate and coach sales employees, generate change and work with a diverse group of people. Having strong analytical, time management and leadership skills are also essential to this position.
Sales and Marketing