The Inside Sales Representative sells products or services to either consumers or other businesses. His/Her main duties include locating new sales opportunities through tactics like cold-calling, attending trade shows and building mailing lists, negotiating sales terms and providing product demonstrations.
- Communicates with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Develops meaningful relationships with customers to encourage trust and loyalty
- Responsible for product knowledge to answer customer questions
- Assesseses competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitor information and trends and identifying sales opportunities.
- Sources new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Explains and demonstrates features of products and services.
- Sets and meets sales goals and objectives set by leadership
- Responsible closing deals and processing payments
- Fills orders by transferring orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date, and explaining stock-outs.
- Maintains and expands your dataset of prospects within your assigned territory
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field; Master’s degree in Business
- Successful previous experience as an Inside Sales Representative and Sales Coordinator for more than 3 years
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Solid account management and customer service experience
- Must be knowledgeable on store products
- Ability to establish rapport and closing sales
Skills needed for this role
The Inside Sales Representative must have strong phone presence and experience dialing dozens of calls per day and be proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools. He/She must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong listening and presentation skills.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Sales and Marketing