The Insurance Sales Representative sells insurance policies. Insurance Sales Representative calls and meets with clients and potential clients to grow their customer base. He/She aims to get information about clients’ needs and match them with insurance policies they offer.
- Sells insurance policies to potential clients.
- Works directly with clients to promote and sell a wide array of insurance products, including auto, home, and life insurance
- Assesses client information to determine their insurance needs and identify opportunities to bundle multiple products.
- Sells policies that protect individuals and businesses from financial loss resulting from automobile accidents, fire, theft, storms, and other events that can damage property.
- Identifies insurance plans that cover both and provide the customer with a balance of protection and affordability. Insurance sales agents also identify areas where clients may be exposed to excess liability.
- Researches and source potential clients and build long-term relationships with them
- Offers health insurance policies that cover the costs of medical care and loss of income due to illness or injury.
- Scouts and identify potential clients for specific insurance packages.
- Designs and implements strategies for effective marketing and sales of insurance contracts
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field
- Successful previous experience as an Insurance Sales Representative and Sales Coordinator for more than 3 years
- In-depth knowledge of the different types of insurance plans including vehicle, home, and business.
- Solid account management and customer service experience
- The ability to establish and maintain professional networks.
- Good comprehension of insurance plans including automobile, fire, life, property, medical etc.
Skills needed for this role
The Insurance Sales Representative must have excellent communication and presentation skills. He/She must be a resilient spirit, have a persistent nature, impeccable interpersonal skills and friendly attitude. Being well organized with time and great management ability is also essential for this role.
1-4 Years Experienced Employee
Sales and Marketing