The Internal Auditor keeps their employer accountable regarding internal company procedures and industry rules. His/Her duties include studying accounting records, preparing compliance reports and supervising company workflows.
- Evaluates the company’s compliance program
- Attends meetings with auditees to develop an understanding of business processes
- Evaluates financial documents for accuracy and compliance with federal regulations
- Creates of auditing procedures that are designed to detect illegal activities that may have a direct effect on the determination of accurate financial statement amounts
- Identifies the financial risk of the organization and offer recommendations to reduce risk.
- Implements best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Evaluating how well risk management is being handled within a company – evaluating information security and risk exposures
- Provides ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions
- Evaluates information management systems and computer databases to ensure that confidential customer information and proprietary intellectual property is secure
- Compiles and implements the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Performs an analysis on how the company will perform in the case of business interruption
- Job Requirements/Qualifications:
- Degree in internal auditing, financial accounting or financial management (essential).
MBA in accounting, preferred
Certified Internal Auditor, preferred
Proven work experience as a Internal Auditor for more than 5 years
Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
Accreditation with the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Skills needed for this role
The Internal Auditor must have strong communication skills to work with Accountants and other coworkers. He/she must have excellent attention to detail to review large amounts of data and numbers and exceptional mathematical skills to verify entries. He/She must also have good critical-thinking skills to gather all of the available data and make informed decisions.
More than 5 Years Experienced Employee