The Inventory Manager oversees the ordering, storing, receiving and distributing processes of an organization’s products and supplies. His/Her main duties include controlling the flow of supplies and equipment, tracking and analyzing inventory maintenance and developing protocols for loss mitigation.
- Oversees team of inventory or warehouse employees.
- Examines the levels of supplies and raw material to determine shortages.
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels.
- Properly orders new supplies avoiding excessive surplus or inefficiencies
- Evaluates new inventory to ensure it’s ready for shipment.
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures.
- Documents daily shipments and deliveries to replenish inventory
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages
- Stay up to date with the latest technology and best practices
- Hire, train and provide development opportunities for staff
- Suggest solutions for continuous improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as an Inventory Manager for more than 5 years
- CPIM certification, preferred
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and forecasting techniques.
- Knowledgeable of inventory software
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
Skills needed for this role
The Inventory Manager must have great attention to details, excellent organizational skills, and good time management skills. He/She must have outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities and must be reliable and can keep confidentiality.