The Janitor maintains a clean facility by completing a variety of cleaning tasks. His duties include mopping and vacuuming floors, cleaning surfaces with disinfectant and emptying trash cans or recycling bins.
- Cleans up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Takes out the trash and does recycling.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them
- Cleans the outdoors and indoors of schools, office buildings, hospitals, and other public or private organization facilities.
- Disinfects commonly used items like desks, door handles, office tools and phones
- Performs minor repairs.
- Organises the cleaning supply closet and stores all supplies and tools.
- Dusts furniture and scrub surfaces clean.
- Moves heavy equipment and furniture.
- Organizes janitorial storage areas
- High School degree or general educational diploma is preferred
- Previous experience as a Janitor is an advantage
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning, and other janitorial work.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and to comply with policies
Skills needed for this role
The Janitor must work independently and must have strong time management skills. He must be able to follow written and verbal instructions from the head janitor and must collaborate with other janitors and maintenance workers as needed. He must be able to handle the physical demands of the job, including standing and walking for most of the shift, bending, climbing, and lifting at least 20 kilograms.
Less than 1 Year Experienced Employee
Facilities and Maintenance, Housekeeping